Saturday, March 27, 2010

Kid Pix Problems

I have figured out, with a little help from my friend Belinda, how to address the problem I've been having with recording audio onto slides in Kid Pix. What you can do is to draw your picture then copy it several times calling it e.g leaf, leaf1, leaf2, leaf3 etc then record one sentence on each slide. Pay attention to the audio indicator as you are recording to keep track of how much time you have left before reaching the maximum size allowed per slide. Then import the slides one after the other without transitions and it will look like one slide but with longer audio. I am going to try this out with the Digikidz next week when I am working in classes. I still haven't solved my problem exporting slideshows to Quicktime but am hoping that if I send the file to Belinda and it works that will mean it's a SPS network error and Quicktime needs to be re-installed to fix the problem. I would really like to get some of the children's fabulous work onto the Digikidz blog and into my wikispace as evidence for my Action Research project.

No comments: